From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Syntax for set files
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:10:18
1 On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:46:04 -0600
2 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Alan McKinnon
5 > <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > Anyone know a link to documentation on what the syntax is in
7 > > portage's set files? I once had a skimpy doc (since lost) that
8 > > described operators like + - / that let you add, remove and replace
9 > > named atoms in a set file.
10 >
11 > Portage documentation, Part I Chapter 2 "Package Set Configuration"
12 > should have more than you ever wanted to know about sets. :) Emerge
13 > portage with USE="doc" if you don't already have it in
14 > /usr/share/doc/portage*/html/.
15
16 Ah, that explains it. I have USE=-doc set globally and it never occurred
17 to me to enable it for portage :-) I have only a few packages where
18 USE=doc is enabled. I'd always sorta assumed the real docs were on a
19 wiki somewhere :-)
24 Alan McKinnnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com