From: Nilesh Govindrajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Everything disappeared from world list
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 16:55:35
1 On 07/06/2012 09:00 AM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 08:41 +0530, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >> I yesterday got a ssd to replace my kaput hdd which had no data but
5 >> os.
6 >> Apparently something went wrong while migration, and now everything
7 >> disappeared in portage's world list.
8 >>
9 >> So whenever I run depclean it tries to remove all packages. How to fix
10 >> this?
11 >>
12 >> I don't have data on original hdd now, zeroed it.
15 > troll ~ # regenworld --help
16 > This script regenerates the portage world file by checking the portage
17 > logfile for all actions that you've done in the past. It ignores any
18 > arguments except --help. It is recommended that you make a backup of
19 > your existing world file (/var/lib/portage/world) before using this
20 > tool.
21 > troll ~ #
27 This fixed the problem. It generated some extra packages, but I fixed them.
28 @everyone, thanks for your replies. For some reason the this reply
29 wasn't sent earlier and got saved as draft.
32 Nilesh Govindrajan
33 http://nileshgr.com