From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Latest unstable ntp not generating ntp.drift file.
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 11:08:40
1 On Sunday 09 January 2011 00:34:33 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I read the man pages and even used google but the part about what to
4 > log didn't register with me. Basically, I need to tell it where to
5 > put the log file, which I did, then what I want it to log as well,
6 > which I missed. Sort of like the way portage does in make.conf. I
7 > didn't catch what the last part meant. I added that to config and
8 > restarted it. Will see if that does what I want. I think it will.
9
10 I'm sure it will. I don't usually have logging switched on as it records
11 large quantities of data, which would be useful in debugging but I don't
12 need to do that. Not today, that is.
13
14 > Thanks for the help.
15
16 Pleasure.
19 Rgds
20 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.