From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I modify work list of emerge --resume?
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:26:39
1 Hi,
2 I was 8 hours through the emerge -eav world part of upgrading gcc
3 when it hit the pysol package it's not happy with. The messages are
4 telling me I need to recompile python with Tkinter support and asked
5 me to add dev/lang/python X tk to package.use, which I did. However
6 emerge --resume won't go back and recompile python at this point and
7 if I start over it's a 575 package compile job and I was already
8 through about 200 of the packages.
9
10 Is there any way to get python updated and then to resume the
11 remaining 375 packages where I am currently stopped?
12
13 Can I somehow save the file emerge --resume is currently using,
14 emerge python with the changes, and then put the current worl list
15 back in?
16
17 Better yet, can I somehow remove pysol from the list so the emerge
18 --resume just stoarts from the next package?
19
20 Thanks,
21 Mark
22 --