From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gcc problem
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:23:15
1 Mark Kirkwood <markir <at> paradise.net.nz> writes:
4 > > # gcc-config -l
5 > > * gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
6 > > [1] i586-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.2
7
8 > $ gcc-config 1
9
10 > This will tell the system that 4.1.2 is the guy to use (I guess your
11 > update removed an older version that was the default?)
12
13 yep I'm building a minimized system for a firewall with hardened kernel
14 sources but with the regular (default) compiler... I did get
15 adventurous this time around and set the (PIC) flag just for grins.
16 Who knows, maybe the next time, I'll build a fully Hardened system....
17
18 I ran a 'emerge -a --depclean and that removed the old gcc 3.4
19 Settings must have not been happy at this point.
20
21 Here's the details of what I did to fix it
22
23 # source /etc/profile <just to be sure>
24
25 # gcc-config 1
26 * Switching native-compiler to i586-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.2 ...
27 * Your gcc has a bug with GCC_SPECS.
28 * Please re-emerge gcc.
29 * http://bugs.gentoo.org/68395
32 Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache... [ ok ]
33
34 * If you intend to use the gcc from the new profile in an already
35 * running shell, please remember to do:
36 * # source /etc/profile
39 # unset GCC_SPECS && emerge gcc"
40
41 All seems to be compiling on an old pentium......
42
43 thanks Mark (&Greg)
46 James
49 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list