From: "Johan Blåbäck" <johan.bluecreek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kacpid eating alot of cpu
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:25:46
1 Michael Higgins wrote:
2 > On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:57:11 +0200
3 > Johan Blåbäck <johan.bluecreek@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Is acpi suppose to act like this?
6 >
7 > No. But you probably really knew that. ;-)
8 >
9 >> Can I fix it?
10 >
11 > I had to update to latest kernels, as bug patch for kacpid hogging CPU with certain laptops and certain configurations is in 2.6.28, finally. (Happens consistently when returning from sleep or when switching out the extra battery for the DVD. I think Dell and some HP machines are/were affected.)
12 >
13 > IDK if this will help *you*, but if it smells similar... might be worth checking into.
14 >
15 > Cheers,
19 I tried a newer kernel (gentoo-sources-2.6.28-r4), but its still there.
20 kacpid eats ~4% of the cpu as soon as I have booted.
21
22 Since you say that the similar problem are model-dependent, I might have
23 the solution. I've got a Zepto and on this one nothing works, they
24 didn't give me a tv-card, the wrong DVD, touchpad doesn't work, etc.
25 etc.. So if this is a design problem, I'm not suprised.
26
27 Thanks for the help so far anyway. Anyone with some other idea?
30 For security reasons, all text in this mail is double-rot13 encrypted.