From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bugs in ebuilds?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 13:26:44
1 What is the proper procedure to ask for some modification in a ebuild?
2 (Bugs as well as feature requests...)
3
4 My current concrete example: gtk+ 3.* has a configuration option
5 --enable-debug=[no/minimum/yes] (default=debug_default)
6
7 There is no USE variable to control this. From what I [think I]
8 understood, the default is set in the source file configure.ac, which
9 sets debug_default to "yes"! This has the effect that it is impossible
10 to launch gtk applications (e.g., zathura) from a terminal and still
11 do something useful with the terminal, which gets spammed no-end with
12 obnoxious messages about stuff the user cannot do anything about,
13 anyway.
14
15 If I'm not mistaken about the effect of --enable-debug, this
16 upstream-caused problem would be easily fixed for gentooers.
19 TIA
22 Jorge Almeida