From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akonadi losing mail
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:05:07
1 Mick writes:
2
3 > On Wednesday 24 Aug 2011 23:30:16 Alan McKinnon wrote:
4
5 > > I also discovered that kmail2 doesn't do changing of IMAP folders at
6 > > all, it seems to be strictly read-only. I can create folders in that
7 > > area to my heary's content, nothing shows on disk.
8
9 This works fine here.
10
11 > > Kmail2 doesn't seem
12 > > to support server-side at all. I can create folders in claws easily
13 > > enough and they show up, but not the other way round. It doesn't seem
14 > > to be a delayed update either - 12 hours later is a bit too long for
15 > > that.
16 >
17 > My previous response was about Kmail-1. Kmail-2 should *not* be used
18 > according to one developer's blog (4 months old):
19 >
20 > https://thomasmcguire.wordpress.com/category/kmail/
21
22 The first post there is 4 moths old, the next one (about kmail2) is 15
23 months old, talking about KDE 4.5.
24
25 But while it's not _that_ bad any more, I was indeed advised on the kde list
26 that ordinary users are not supposed yet to make the switch. That was when
27 KDE 4.6.4 came out, I'm not sure how the situation is now.
30 > I've seen quite a lot of complains about slowness and missing local
31 > folders like ... Inbox! when I googled for it.
32 >
33 > Good luck in getting your messages back.
34
35 They are in the backup, aren't they?
36
37 Wonko