From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: `sets' & sets.conf
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 14:32:41
1 On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:43:56 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > > % cat /etc/portage/sets.conf
4 > > [kernels]
5 > > class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
6 > > world-candidate = False
7 > > files = /usr/src
8 > >
9 > > then emerge -n @kernels
10 >
11 > This one kind of sails right over my head... not seeing what is
12 > supposed to happen.
13
14 It's in the part of my post you didn't quote, it stops older kernels
15 being depcleaned. Basically it is saying that any package with files
16 in /usr/src is a member of the kernels set. As emerge -n @kernels adds
17 that to world_sets, nothing with files in /usr/src will even get
18 depcleaned. It means I can keep as many or as few kernels as I want
19 without having to fudge it in world.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 And if you say "No", I shall be forced to shoot you.