From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get KDE to start on boot?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:03:38
1 On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:24:25 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > Well, Gentoo is also about choice, so do it your way,
4 > but very occasionally there is a need to do things outside X
5 > & your previous & my own continuing approach preserves that option.
6
7 As it's only "very occasionally", why not set up a new runlevel that
8 doesn't start X for those rare occasions, rather than having to start X
9 manually the other 99% of the time.
10
11 Or you could just press Ctrl-Alt-F1 after X has started :)
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.