From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: raid1 grub ext4
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:16:05
1 James wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967<at> gmail.com> writes:
6 >> http://grub.enbug.org/LVMandRAID
7 >>
8 > Not using lvm at all. Simple raid1
9 > on /boot, /, and swap partitions.
10 >
11 > I do not need the added complexity of LVM
12 > on a simple raid array; I perfectly capable
13 > of follow explicit instructions(syntax) and
14 > still screwing things up, without LVM...
15 >
16 > You build a raid1 system yet? NO lvm ;-)
19 > Come-on Dale, I need you to flush this out....
20 >
21 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86+raid+lvm2-quickinstall.xml
22 >
23 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/RAID/Software
24 >
25 > :-(
28 > Alligators? I do not see any Gators.....
29 > Come on in, the water is FINE!
30 >
31 > James
35 That talks about using RAID tho. I don't think you have to be using LVM
36 to use that guide. It just talks about both in one place.
37
38 Maybe I don't know enough to see that it requires both tho. lol
39
40 Dale
41