From: "Anno v. Heimburg" <anno@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DMA for /dev/cdrom ?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:47:28
1 Hi Andreas!
2
3 > I really like to use DMA for my cdrom/burner but I cant figure out how to
4 > make it working!
5
6 > tapa ~ # hdparm -d1 /dev/cdrom
7 > /dev/cdrom:
8 > setting using_dma to 1 (on)
9 > HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
10 > using_dma = 0 (off)
11
12 Two hints, perhaps they help
13 - "hdparm -i $DEVICE" will display what the device can support
14 - I would run hdparm on the physical device file, that is /dev/hdc, not on
15 the cdrom-link.
16
17 > Does anyone of you know if there is DMA support for this cdrom-drive
18
19 It sounds like a plain old ATAPI drive, so should work with the generic
20 stuff. No specific knowledge about your drive, though.
21
22 Anno
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list