From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on an odroidH2 using eMMC
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:31:54
1 Hi,
2
3     has anyone successfully set up Gentoo on an odroidH2 using an eMMC?
4
5 I have got as far as the pivot-root (so it loads and executes the
6 intramfs) but fails to find the /dev/mmcblk0p[01] devices.  The sting is
7 I copied the files it to a USB key and that boots fine!  It appears that
8 the eMMC initramfs is not loading the modules for the eMMC where as the
9 USB version is (and they are using the same file!).  I have tried
10 manually loading the modules from the efi shell I think are involved but
11 no mmc devices appear.
12
13 The eMMC runs uefi from GPT partitions using refind but as the bios
14 finds and loads the ramdisk I think thats working ok (I did a working
15 ubuntu install first, then reused those partitions.) I can use usb early
16 boot to pivot to the root on the USB key but so far cant pivot from the
17 eMMC initramfs to real_root. Ubuntu uses grub, which I tried first but
18 had even less success with that.
19
20 Hints anyone?
21