From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automatically set default alsa card
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 05:36:17
1 On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 18:37 -0300, luis jure wrote:
2 > on my laptop sometimes i have to use the internal sound card and
3 > sometimes an external usb card.
4 >
5 > is there a "gentoo way" to make alsa automatically change the default
6 > audio device to the usb card when it's connected and active, and back
7 > to the internal card when it's not?
8 >
9 > best,
10 >
11 > lj
12
13 We had this several times in the past few months. You might want to look
14 at the list's archive on http://www.gmane.org/
15
16 Log story short: Yes, it's possible but not very nice. Better use a
17 sound daemon that was created for such purposes like Pulseaudio.