From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no ebuild what to do?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:42:11
1 On 9/29/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello everybody,
4 >
5 > I'm sure this has been covered before but can't seem
6 > to google for it.
7 >
8 > I'd like to install dekagen but there are no ebuilds
9 > for it. I suppose I could just unpack it and follow
10 > the INSTALL doc but is that the appropriate gentoo
11 > way?
12 >
13 > You can build it by hand but then whats the point of running Gentoo?
14 Instead you should write an ebuild (
15 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2) then
16 contibute it back to the community(
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml), or find someone else who
18 will do it for you/already has done it and use their ebuild (
19 http://bugs.gentoo.org)
20
21 -Mike
22
24 Michael E. Crute
25 Software Developer
26 SoftGroup Development Corporation
27
28 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
29 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"