From: masterprometheus <masterprometheus666@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Motherboard support?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:54:27
1 Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
2
3 > I'll be soon getting a new desktop.
4 > I've fixed the CPU as AMD Phenom II 1075T
5 >
6 > These two motherboards came to my notice which support the above
7 > processor: Gigabyte 880GM - GA 880GM-USB3L & 880GM-USB3
10 > How good is Linux support with those? If bad, what other mobos support
11 > 1075T and Linux support is awesome?
12
13 Neither 880G nor SB710 is a new chipset, so they should work out of the
14 box. But you may want to wait. Bulldozers will be out at October 12, and
15 their prices won't very different than Phenom II's. And FX-8120, expected
16 to be priced around $200 will be an 8-core, faster and better
17 overclocker.