From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MacBook: How many hours on battery with Gentoo?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:30:06
1 On Wednesday 20 February 2008, b.n. wrote:
2 > Etaoin Shrdlu ha scritto:
3 > > On Tuesday 19 February 2008, b.n. wrote:
4 > >>> 5. Sometimes a BIOS update helps...
5 > >>
6 > >> Well, if it's a BIOS issue, OS X works around it?
7 > >
8 > > I'd not be surprised if it did. Windows drivers work around buggy
9 > > BIOSes all the time.
10 >
11 > Right. So, how can I know it? When I googled to maximize my MBP
12 > battery performance, I found nothing about BIOS/EFI (More precisely,
13 > the MBP has not a BIOS, but an EFI, whatever the difference is). Is
14 > there some kind of diagnostic for this kind of things?
15
16 Never tried myself, but I guess a good starting point could be using
17 tools like powertop (in portage), to see what programs/modules use more
18 power.
19 Also, their web pages (http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/powertop) look
20 good, with many tips, information and explanations.
21
22 Hope this helps.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list