From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Using m-audio Fast Track Pro on linux help
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:14:20
1 Running Wheezy
2
3 Can anyone suggest pointers, urls, or coaching toward getting an
4 m-audio USB Fast Track Pro (external sound card) working?
5
6 When I run `alsamixer' it lists the Fast Track as one of the sound
7 cards available. When I choose it, alsamixer reports there are no
8 controls available
9
10 (`This sound device does not have any controls')
11
12 All the controls are on the device. I have the speakers turned on, the
13 Fast Track light is on, indicating it is getting power thru the usb
14 port.
15
16 However, when I attempt tp play something with `mplayer some.wav', I
17 get no sound.