From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fail: kde-base/kdelibs-4.10.5-r1
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 16:06:50
1 On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:59:49 +0200 (CEST), Alain Didierjean wrote:
2
3 > > > the above lib won't compile with a "emake error". Is it me or
4 > > > anyone else had that type of problem ?
5 > > >
8 > > It's just you.
9 > >
10 > > Please post emerge output.
13 > Thanks. Emerge output: emake error.
14
15 Your portage installation is seriously screwed if that is all the output
16 you get.
17
18 Don't try to guess which parts of the output are relevant, if you could do
19 that you could probably work out the cause of the problem. Post the full
20 output plus any other information that output tells you to (and it
21 does).
22
23 Remember, you are the one sat in front of your terminal, the rest of us
24 only know what you told us, and so far your two mails have said.
25
26 It doesn't work.
27 It doesn't work because of an error.
28
29 There are some clever people on this list but, AFAIK, no magicians or
30 mind readers.
31
32 > I could'nt find an emake executable. Which package contains such a
33 > beast ?
34
35 emake is a portage function, not a standalone executable.
39 Neil Bothwick
40
41 QOTD:
42 The only easy way to tell a hamster from a gerbil is that the
43 gerbil has more dark meat.