From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble with X.org and ati opensource drivers
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 22:46:39
1 Alex Fansky ha scritto:
2 > Well, I used aiglx+Beryl and everything worked fine on xorg 7.2. But after
3 > kernel upgrade I got this problem(I didn't forget to reemerge x11-drm).
4
5 Ok, so it's the new kernel fault (I'm running 2.6.18, in fact). It
6 wasn't so clear for me from the previous post, sorry.
7
8 My lsmod looks different from yours in (maybe) relevant entries:
9
10 spca5xx 646544 0
11 vmnet 24748 15
12 vmmon 163724 0
13 radeon 100320 3
14 drm 63444 4 radeon
15 radeonfb 94400 0
16 fb 45160 1 radeonfb
17 i2c_algo_bit 8840 1 radeonfb
18 cfbcopyarea 3968 1 radeonfb <----
19 cfbimgblt 3328 1 radeonfb <----
20 cfbfillrect 4032 1 radeonfb <----
21 i2c_core 20800 2 radeonfb,i2c_algo_bit <----
22 ehci_hcd 27208 0
23 sis_agp 8772 1
24 agpgart 30732 2 drm,sis_agp
25
26 but I don't know exactly what do they mean.
27
28 > Here is my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log
29 > http://pastebin.com/892943
30
31 I found nothing suspect. Only significant differences with mine are:
32 - I don't have the "RENDER" extension enabled
33 - I have some optimizations in the "Device" section:
34
35 Section "Device"
37 # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
38 Identifier "** ATI Radeon (generic) [radeon]"
39 Driver "radeon"
40 Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
41 Option "AGPMode" "8"
42 Option "AGPFastWrite" "1"
43 Option "BackingStore" "true"
44 Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
45 Option "DRI" "true"
46 Option "GARTSize" "64"
47 Option "EnablePageFlip" "1"
48 Option "ColorTiling" "1"
49 EndSection
50
51 however if it was all working perfectly before, I don't think this would
52 make a difference...
53
54 In the meantime a double check of your old vs new kernel configs seems
55 the best way to go (and also a look on gentoo bugzilla, of course). I
56 fear I can't tell you much more.
57
58 m.
59 --