From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:37:25
1 On Sunday 17 June 2007, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 17 June 2007, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
3 > > Well skype upgraded this morning to version 1.4.0.74 and it aint
4 > > working. When I tried running it from the command line I get the
5 > > following: /opt/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries:
6 > > libQtDBus.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
7 > > directory
8 > > revdep-rebuild doesn't pick any thing up
9 > > Do I have to rebuild Qt? or another package? which one provides
10 > > that library. I've tried down-grading to the previous version but
11 > > that's now been package.masked
12 >
13 > It seems the new version of skype depends on Qt4 while you propably
14 > have installed Qt3. One *can* install both versions, but it's a bit
15 > tricky to make Qt3-dependent packages (like KDE 3.x) compile
16 > correctly when both versions are present. I think there is a tutorial
17 > or just a post to the forums about it.
18
19 /me racks brains for an old memory...
20
21 Didn't skype-1.3 come out with a version that included a statically
22 linked version of qt? Is that still the case?
23
24 alan
28 Optimists say the glass is half full,
29 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
30 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
31
32 Alan McKinnon
33 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
34 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list