From: Werner Otto <werner.otto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't compile some C++ apps
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:23:37
1 On 2/3/06, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Daniel Vrcic wrote:
4 > > Isn't that strange that _all_ C compiles (including some bigger
5 > > apps like kernel, mplayer, glib, gtk+) went fine apart from only
6 > > few C++'s (I think two)?
7 >
8 > Maybe because c++ compilation eats loads of memory and thus hits the
9 > fishy parts?
10 >
11 > > If I have a hardware issue, how come
12 > > that compilation of those programs always break, and always on
13 > > the same file and line of certain source?
14 >
15 > Maybe a broken compiler. Try recompiling your toolchain (binutils,
16 > glibc, gcc) without the funny stuff in the CFLAGS, twice. Then try
17 > compiling the failing packages again.
18 >
19 > > Please, any more tips, advices?
20 >
21 > Pull out two of the RAM modules and use only one, trying each of
22 > them in turn. Make sure you have enough swap (500 MB will do).
23 > Maybe all modules are individually okay but can't work together.
24 >
25 > Benno
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 Stupid question, but how do I unsubscribe from this list?