From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage 2.2
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:27:31
1 On 24/07/2013 23:21, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 24 2013, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> You mathematician chaps could probably resolve this one nicely for
5 >> yourselves by treating it as just another mangle by Applied
6 >> Mathematicians <====== joke :-)
7 >
8 > Careful what you joke about. The New York University comp sci dept (my
9 > home) is part the Courant Institute that also contains the very highly
10 > regarded NYU math department, one that *emphasizes* applied math. :-)
11 >
12 > allan
13 >
14
15
16 Oops :-)
17
18 If I told you my closest colleague at work (who designs the algorithms
19 for most of the code I maintain) has a masters in pure Mathematics -
20 would we then at least be even?
21
22
23