From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage weirdness...
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:41:33
1 Yann Garnier wrote:
2
3 > Dear gentooers,
4 >
5 > I have 2 strange portage behavior since I updated portage a few days ago.
6 >
7 > First, It seems portage cannot find server anymore to update the
8 > portage tree.
9 > Portage freezes (in fact it doesn't do anything) and says: Checking
10 > server timestamp...
11 > I can still update by using emerge-websync so this problem is not
12 > critical....yet!
15 No clue there.
18 > The second issue I experience is that I cannot update my system
19 > because I have 2 ebuilds that block the entire update.
20 > I've already seen this issue once and I found a solution by masking
21 > one of the blocking ebuild so I tried this time but the update cannot
22 > be done anyway.
23 > This problem is much more critical for me since I can't update my
24 > system anymore !
25 > Here is the output of an " emerge -pvuDt world"
26 >
27 > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
28 >
29 > Calculating world dependencies ...... done!
30 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/pam-login (is blocking
31 > sys-apps/shadow-4.0.15-r2)
32 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/utempter (is blocking
33 > sys-libs/libutempter-1.1.2.1)
36 > <snip>
39 > Can someone tell me what I'm missing ???
40 >
41 > In advance thanks.
42 >
43 > Yann Garnier
46 Unmerge pam-login because shadow does that now. emerge shadow
47 IMMEDIATELY after you unmerge though or you can't get back in. This is
48 something that everyone has been through I guess. I did too.
49
50 I guess you need to unmerge libutemper too. I seem to recall doing
51 that. May better wait to make sure.
52
53 Hope that helps.
54