From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:30:15
1 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 25. Juni 2011, 14:58:56 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
3 >
4 >> Whether "many" operations are written in Fortran is immaterial. What matters
5 >> to me is whether any on my system are. If they aren't, I don't need a
6 >> Fortran compiler and I'd rather not waste system resources on building one.
7 >>
8 > Try euse -I fortran.
9 > If anything besides gcc pops up, you should have one.
10 >
11 > Regards
12 > Michael
16 That doesn't appear to work like it should then. I get this:
17
18 root@fireball / # euse -I fortran
19 global use flags (searching: fortran)
20 ************************************************************
21 [+ CD ] fortran - Adds support for fortran (formerly f77)
22
23 Installed packages matching this USE flag:
24 sys-devel/gcc-4.4.5
25
26 local use flags (searching: fortran)
27 ************************************************************
28 no matching entries found
29 root@fireball / #
30
31 Thing is, I know a couple packages use it on this rig because I just had
32 to recompile them. Cantor and R are two that I recall.
33
34 Maybe it is because it is not a option in the list? The USE flag that is.
35
36 Dale
37