From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-apps/pam-login
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:41:02
1 William Meertens wrote:
2 > Second when removing one of the two, you could face the fact that you can't login into your system. Which would sound normal because both are more or less responsible for your login and therefor like you say part of your system.
3
4 This happened to me last night. Fixed by booting in single-user mode
5 and rebuilding shadow, pam, and openssh (ssh login was still broken even
6 after rebuilding shadow and pam). I don't really understand how PAM
7 works, so I can't say what happened exactly.
8
9 For safety's sake, I'd recommend rebuilding at least those three before
10 logging out or rebooting. ;)
11 --
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list