From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why I can't I build systemd without ipv6?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 19:38:35
1 On 10/13/2017 10:50 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2017-10-13, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> And is there a way to build systemd without ipv6? Or am I going to have
6 >> to revert these three systems back to openrc?
7 > ^^^^^^
8 >
9 > You misspelled "upgrade".
10 >
11 > ;)
14 That depends. One one of the three machines, I reported a bug about
15 mdmon terminating too early in the shutdown process causing mdadm to
16 mark my IMSM raid as dirty.
17
18 I had a workaround posted, but some time back it stopped working, so I
19 tried systemd and haven't had that problem since. I really don't want to
20 mess around with that again, having a resync'ing RAID on every reboot is
21 tiresome and it thrashes the disks for no good reason. Not to mention it
22 makes the system so slow for a few hours you can't even use it.
23
24 The other two I could switch, I think, without to much issues if it came
25 down to it.
26
27 Dan