From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debugging X
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 06:59:45
1 On Wednesday 20 August 2008 07:18:55 forgottenwizard wrote:
2 > I'm having a problem getting X to work. It is seg faulting on me, and
3 > despite countless revdep-rebuilds and emerge -e world, it still doesn't
4 > work.
5 >
6 > It dies after the cursor shows up, spitting this backtrace and output.
7 > Sorry if the formatting sucks. The last line is probably refering to the
8 > fact I tried to run it from within screen, so if that could cause a
9 > problem say so, and tell me how the heck to get a log of this output
10 > (since startx > log.txt doesn't work)
11 >
12 > #--- startx output ---#
13
14 [snip]
15
16 > (WW) NVIDIA: No matching Device section
17 > for instance (BusID PCI:0:1:3) found
18
19 Try setting BusID explicitly in xorg.conf.
20
21 Failing that, try run startx from outside screen. I don't think it'll make a
22 difference, but do it anyway to get a data point.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com