From: Novensiles divi Flamen <noven@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] RTC drivers
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 06:00:29
1 I've recently reinstalled my laptop and been taking another hard look at
2 various kernel options. I am a little bit confused about the rtc drivers, and
3 the use of the rtc in general. I can see that I have an rtc device, it exists
4 in both /dev and /proc and it seems to be giving sane values any way I look
5 at it. But I dont actually have any specific driver built for it. I built all
6 the various drivers as modules and loading them appears to make no difference
7 to the operation or values in /proc/drivers/rtc. Is it possible that the
8 device just works as it should without any driver? Can anyone suggest some
9 tests to examine the operation of the rtc? Aside from midi what would
10 practical uses for the rtc even be?
11
12 - Noven
13 --