From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SDD strategies...
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:13:59
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:43:58 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> The SSD is currently reporting 98% of its rated life left: I feel
5 >>>> quite confident it's going to outlast the laptop's useful life.
6 >>> What are you using to get that niformation?
7 >> smartctl -A /dev/sdX
8 > 83% after five years of recompiling LO and Chromium, not bad :)
12 Dang.  That makes me feel better about getting one now.  Heck, I'm using
13 a 160GB drive currently for my OS.  Even a 240GB SDD isn't bad
14 nowadays.  I could even make /boot much larger and install a rescue
15 system on there, I think.  Since sysrescue went sideways, not sure how
16 that work anymore. I read sysrescue went to some other OS, which should
17 work but you know.  ;-)
18
19 I think this is going to be neato.  Now to save up and get one.  O_O
20
21 Dale
22