From: Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel.colchete@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux too damn slow if memory > 3GB
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:30:25
1 On 7/30/07, Developer Edoceo <dev@××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 7/30/07, Steen Eugen Poulsen <sep@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Daniel van Ham Colchete skrev:
6 > > > actually it's the 965, but the link Tim sent me shows that it's not a
7 > > > chipset limitation... It's a 32bits design limitation...
8 > >
9 > > Thats not true, I run 32bit Gentoo with 4 GB Memory and has no slowdown
10 > > issues I can measure with the naked eye.
11 > >
12 > > Seems to me like you have some hardware problem.
16 > I have two Gentoo systems (2.6.x) one with 4G and another with 8G. Both
17 > systems are are wicked fast. On the 4G `free` shows all but 21K of physical
18 > used, on the 8G there's still 2G free and the system is highly responsive.
19 > Can't remember which MB chipset I have, sorry. multiple Intel multicore cpu
20 > in both.
23 What kernel version are you using?