From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying KDE-4
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:13:52
1 On Monday 20 October 2008 09:46:56 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday 19 October 2008 18:52:49 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > I main underlying reason seems to be that Qt now comes as split-ebuilds
4 > > and Peter has some monolithic ones installed. It's similar to migrating
5 > > KDE to split-ebuilds, but on a much smaller scale. Unfortunately
6 > > there's no easy way to automate this in an ebuild, that would require
7 > > several new unrelated packages replacing one big one, portage doesn't
8 > > support that kind of thing. So one has to do it manually, and deal with
9 > > the resulting recdep-rebuild issues as well ....
10 >
11 > Does that mean I have to uninstall PyQt and let KDE-4 pull it back in?
12
13 Sorry - I hadn't checked. The only version I have is 3.17.4, so removing it
14 seems unlikely to help.
17 Rgds
18 Peter