From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 00:32:42
1 luis jure wrote:
2 > on 2013-07-19 at 18:39 Dale wrote:
5 >> I think I could get my OS on a 30Gb SSD with no problem and plenty of
6 >> breathing room.
7 > i had a 30Tb partition for my system in my old HDD, and the breathing
8 > space wasn't quite "plenty". often i found myself with less than the 6Gb
9 > free required by libreoffice to compile, and i had to clean up a bit.
10 > other than that yes, 30Gb is more than enough. in this new SSD i just
11 > installed i made a partition of 40Gb for / .
15 I have portages work directory on tmpfs so no issue there. My only
16 thing, I separate /, /usr, /var portages tree and such. Of course, if I
17 put them on LVM, except for / itself, then I can move things around a
18 bit and still not have a init thingy to deal with.
19
20 My current setup while snipping the useless stuff:
21
22 root@fireball / # mount
23 /dev/sda6 on / type ext4 (rw,commit=0)
24 /dev/sda1 on /boot type ext2 (rw)
25 /dev/mapper/OS-usr on /usr type ext4 (rw,commit=0)
26 /dev/mapper/OS-var on /var type ext4 (rw,commit=0)
27 /dev/mapper/home-home on /home type ext4 (rw,commit=0)
28 /dev/mapper/backup-backup on /backup type ext4 (rw,commit=0)
29 tmpfs on /var/tmp/portage type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
30 root@fireball / #
31
32 I may try to get a 60Gb or something tho, just in case. Depends on what
33 is on sale tho. ;-)
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!