From: Ricardo Bevilacqua <rus.spes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:27:18
1 2007/6/17, Matthew R. Lee <gentoo@××××××××××.org>:
2 > Well skype upgraded this morning to version 1.4.0.74 and it aint working.
3 > When I tried running it from the command line I get the following:
4 > /opt/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4: cannot
5 > open shared object file: No such file or directory
6 > revdep-rebuild doesn't pick any thing up
7 > Do I have to rebuild Qt? or another package? which one provides that library.
8
9 I don't think so, i mean, looking at the error message it seems that
10 something is missing, in this case Qt4.
11
12 > I've tried down-grading to the previous version but that's now been
13 > package.masked
14 > This is a real pain in the buttocks. How can I phone home now? I can't afford
15 > the rip-off international phone charges at the moment!
16 > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
17 > Matt
18
19 My suggestion is to download the last version if skype with an static
20 Qt library compiled.
21 I have Qt 3 and Qt 4 working in my system, this means is OK to have
22 both installed.
23
24 So, download the static skype version from here:
25
26 http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/linux/
27
28 and see what happens. Everything should work just fine. =)
29
30 Richard
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list