From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audio gone!
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:21:50
1 On Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > > So start updating. Your box is almost hopelessly
3 > > outdated.
4 >
5 > I knew it would catch up with me eventually. But my
6 > connection is so slow I've just been emerging packages
7 > and installing from tarballs as required and ignoring
8 > the big updates. Now I'm in a big hole. -uD world
9 > gives:
10 >
12 > Total: 353 packages (263 upgrades, 85 new, 5 in new
13 > slots, 11 blocks), Size of downloads: 804,715 kB
14 > Fetch Restriction: 1 package (1 unsatisfied)
17 so what, start the update in one terminal, start -fu in another one. That way
18 the packages are downloaded, while others compile. No time wasted.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list