From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about xorg and a kill process
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 06:01:13
1 I often use Ctrl+F1 to F6 to back to the command line and if your X is
2 fine you can back the X screen using Ctrl+F7. Or if you want to kill
3 your X then Ctrl+Alt+Backspace may be helpful.
4
5 Hung
8 Dale wrote:
9 > I know the subject is a bit lacking but here goes. I'm thinking about
10 > trying this xorg-server upgrade again. I been thinking about a way to
11 > do this and not have to pull the plug on my rig if it fails, which I bet
12 > it does. This is the command I am thinking about trying.
13 >
14 > /etc/init.d/xdm start && sleep 5m && /etc/init.d/xdm stop
15 >
16 > I'm thinking this way. Start X first. If it fails, it will stop in 5
17 > minutes and come back to a console. Think this will work? If xorg
18 > works, I can switch back to a console and ctrl C the command and carry on.
19 >
20 > Thoughts? Better ideas?
21 >
22 > Dale