From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Binary install distro
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:19:21
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 12.11.2011 00:28, schrieb Dale:
3 >> Florian Philipp wrote:
4 >>> Am 11.11.2011 21:25, schrieb Dale:
5 >>>> If I copy the WHOLE .mozilla directory from winders to Linux, won't that
6 >>>> keep all their settings, passwords, bookmarks and email? I have done
7 >>>> that on Linux a couple times with little problems. I'm just not sure
8 >>>> about winders to Linux.
9 >>>>
10 >>> I suggest using Mozilla's sync feature. It is dead simple and allegedly
11 >>> secure.
12 >>>
13 >>> Regards,
14 >>> Florian Philipp
15 >>>
16 >> I wasn't aware it had that. I looked on mine here and can't find it.
17 >> Where is it? This would be awesome if it works.
18 >>
19 >> Dale
20 >>
21 >> :-) :-)
22 >>
23 > Edit->Settings->Sync. There you can create a user account. If it is not
24 > there, you are probably still running 3.6. Then you can install the
25 > plugin here:
26 > https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/firefox-sync/
27 >
28 > Regards,
29 > Florian Philipp
32 Houston, we have a problem. I'm using Seamonkey not Firefox. Now I
33 know why I couldn't find it. lol The email is the biggest thing I
34 wanted to save. Then again, their passwords would be nice too.
35
36 Dale
37