From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue with e2fsprogs
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 03:00:44
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:22:31 -0500, CJoeB wrote:
5 >> * Package 'sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.40.9' NOT merged due to file collisions.
6 >> * If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of
7 >> the
8 >> * above message.
11 > e2fsprogs-1.40 included the libraries, it was split into two packages
12 > from 1.41. That's why you are seeing collisions, because both e2fsprogs
13 > and e2fsprogs-libs are want to install the libs. Unless you have some
14 > strange masking in /etc/portage, unmerging all e2fsprogs* packages
15 > followed by "emerge system" should get things straight.
18 Thanks everyone! :-) Problem is solved. And it was basically my
19 fault. For some reason, I had masked ">sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41". Thanks
20 AllenJB for "whacking me on the head" and making me realize this! :-)
21 I got so caught up with the fact that I had removed e2fsprogs and was
22 getting collisions and was afraid I wouldn't be able to reboot my system
23 that I never thought to look. I don't usually have too many problems
24 with Gentoo and updating my system, but when I do run into a snag, it's
25 always a lesson learned that I won't forget again. Thanks again everyone!
26
27 Regards,
28
29 Colleen