From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse Question (Not working Wheel)
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:50:48
1 Am Dienstag, 2. Mai 2006 20:13 schrieb Christopher E:
2 > Thank you Michael!
3 > So that would apply to a mouse with two buttons and the wheel that is
4 > button also?
5
6 yes :) The wheel are buttons 4 and 5 in that case.
7
8 > Sincerely,
9 > Christopher
10
11 Hand,
12 Michael
13
14 > On 5/2/06, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
15 > > Hi Christopher,
16 > >
17 > > Am Dienstag, 2. Mai 2006 19:50 schrieb Christopher E:
18 > > > Hello all,
19 > > > I am wondering what I need to do to get my wheel (scroll) to work
20 > > > inside of gnome?
21 > > > In my xorg I have auto as the protocal, and for the location to
22 > > > /dev/input/mice what else do I nned for geting my mouse wheel to work
23 > > > inside of Gnome?
24 > >
25 > > basically you need to add:
26 > > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
27 > > Option "Buttons" "5"
28 > > to the Section "InputDevice" of your mouse in your xorg.conf
29 > > You can find more info about this (including special configurations for
30 > > some mice) at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Mouse_Scrollwheel
31 > >
32 > > > Thanks for your help ahead of time!
33 > > > Sincerely,
34 > > > Christopher
35 > >
36 > > Hth,