From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads up: gtk-doc-1.18 build failure...
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:03:30
1 On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > If anyone encounters issues with building gtk-doc-1.18 (needed for gimp
5 > "doc" USE flag, amongst others) you need to have the "python" flag
6 > enabled for the libxml2 package in order to build gtk-doc (the gtk-doc
7 > fails to build due to not finding libxml2 module [which I assume is a
8 > python one]). I guess this is related to the "python" USE flag removal
9 > in the profiles...
10
11 File a bug report; it sounds like gtk-doc's ebuild isn't declaring a
12 dependency on libxml2 having the 'python' USE flag. emerge should have
13 told you, "hey, the following USE flag changes are needed..."
16 :wq