From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] packages/All - how to create ?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:50:28
1 On 30 Oct, András Csányi wrote:
2 > 2008/10/30 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I have a (nearly) identical Gentoo system on several machines.
6 >> On all machines except one, there is a directory
7 >>
8 >> /usr/portage/packages/All
9 >>
10 >> which contains symlinks to the packages in the specific
11 >> directories. This is quite comfortable when copying the
12 >> most recent packages.
13 >>
14 >> How can I set up GenToo to create and maintain this directory?
15 >
16 > If you set up in the /etc/make.conf file the FEATURES="buildpkg" the
17 > portage will maintain the /usr/portage/packages/All directory
18 > automatically.
19
20 Unfortunately this is not the case here.
21 The packages are built but no 'All' subdirectory is created nor
22 maintained.
23
24 > If you wanto to know more about portage and portage features I suggest
25 > to you to read the documentation. Here is:
26 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/index.xml?catid=gentoo
31 Helmut Jarausch
32
33 Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik