From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Flashing BIOS with Windows utility
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:17:21
1 On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I need to update the BIOS on my Biostar motherboard, but the utility
3 > is said to be "Windows 2000 / XP / VISTA". I've flashed the BIOS in
4 > other systems by booting a FreeDOS CD, but that won't work for a
5 > Windows (not DOS) flashing utility, will it? I tried running the
6 > utility via wine with no luck.
7
8 Some Biostar motherboards have a flashing utility built-in. Try to
9 press F12 or something during POST, or check the manual to see what
10 the key might possibly be if your motherboard has such a function.