From: Jonathan Callen <jcallen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ebuild: package specific CFLAGS
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 03:18:46
1 On 04/28/2017 10:10 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > I'm trying to create an ebuild of a crufty old program that needs
3 > -fgnu89-inline in compiler flags to have any chance of building.
4 >
5 > What's the way to do that in an ebuild? I could have something like
6 >
7 > src_configure() {
8 > econf $(use_enable nls) CFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline
9 > }
10 >
11 > but then, will this not _override_ (rather than add to, as desired) the
12 > CFLAGS from make.conf?
15 If you want a particular flag to be added to CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS within an
16 ebuild, you can inherit flag-o-matic, then call "append-flags
17 -fgnu89-inline" in src_configure before the econf line. If you
18 explicitly only want to set CFLAGS (and not CXXFLAGS), then call
19 "append-cflags" (there is also a append-cppflags, append-cxxflags,
20 append-ldflags, append-fflags).
23 Jonathan Callen