From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Major site redesign, SEO, and 301 redirects
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 12:22:02
1 Thanks to Alan and the others for the responses...
2
3 The main problem is this project is being managed by a non-tech manager
4 who apparently thinks they know a lot more than they do, and the Boss is
5 technically challenged, so it is easy for someone to convince him of
6 almost anything (like, he should delegate this to a non-tech person and
7 not involve his one tech guy)...
8
9 One reason he sometimes doesn't involve me until things get to this
10 point is because I tend to be a 'wet blanket', ruining bright shiny
11 sales pitches with injections of reality. You'd think he'd have learned
12 by now. The last time, about 5 years ago, the person who managed the
13 project (different person) didn't get ownership of the source code in
14 the contract, so we didn't get all of the source files for the Flash
15 junk they created, then when we wanted to make some changes to the text
16 embedded in the Flash, I had to ask them for the source files, and
17 they wanted a bunch of money. Unbelievable.
18
19 We'll see how the dev(s) respond to my questions, but I may come back
20 here with more info and more advice if I need it.
21
22 Thanks again to all, it has been a big help!
23