From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: btrfs and qemu
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 00:14:08
1 I am testing a small ceph cluster implemented in qemu-kvm and seeing
2 there are a few cloudy types here who may have tried this, I though I'd
3 ask about my problem before reworking.
4
5 I decided to go btrfs in the VM's and the ceph storage (all qcow2) on a
6 reiserfs host fs.
7
8 So far so good, but I am getting btrfs problems - throws an error and
9 goes readonly -> oops/crash in btrfs
12 I am now using cache=none for qemu (which is recommended for vm's on a
13 btrfs host, though not the case here) and that helped some.
14
15 My question is ... are there any other settings to help this
16 configurations stability/reliability using in vm btrfs?
17
18 Otherwise I'll go back to reiserfs for the hosts and try xfs for the
19 ceph storage.
20
21 BillK