From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems making shareable directory shareable
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:19:33
1 I am trying to create a shareable directory, where all newly created files will have group rwx
2 permissions assigned.
3
4 I followed the example found at:
5 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/articles/lpi-101-intermediate-p3.xml#doc_chap3_sect19
6
7 and preformed the following steps:
8
9 mkdir /home/share
10 chgrp users /home/share
11 chmod g+s /home/share
12
13 however, when user1 preforms 'echo hello > ./hello.txt'
14 from within share the file has the following permissions:
15
16 drwxrwsr-- 8 root users 4096 Oct 16 20:53 .
17 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 users 6 Oct 16 20:53 hello.txt
18
19 and user2 is not able to modify this new created file. I know that I can execute a umask every
20 time the users log in to insure that all new created files will have the correct premissions, but
21 is this really the correct what to handle this problem?
22
23 Can anyone point me in the write direction?
24
25 Thanks for the help.
26
27 Regards,