From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do you keep up with system administration?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:13:11
1 All these responses are very helpful - thanks for taking your time to reply!
2
3 Yea, my needs are pretty simple - just maintaining computational
4 workstations (one at home, one at work) - I am the primary user. I am
5 not running any servers on either box. I've never used cron - I
6 haven't felt the need to automate system administration in Gentoo any
7 more than what's already provided. I keep marveling at emerge and the
8 portage system because it sure makes things easy on most occasions!!
9 I really don't have a problem running "emerge --pretend" by hand,
10 studying the output, and updating as needed.
11
12 My problem in the past was falling too far behind with the updates,
13 and now that I have fresh installs of Gentoo, I don't want to repeat
14 that.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list