From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use layman --sync ALL across a firewall
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:47:12
1 Am 17.08.2011 18:27, schrieb Valmor de Almeida:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > At work, I typically use emerge-webrsync to sync the portage tree.
5 > But I don't know how to sync the layman tree.
6 > This
7 >
8 > layman --sync ALL
9 >
10 > does not work. I guess because git pull does not work across the
11 > firewall. Is there a solution to this besides requesting a firewall
12 > exception?
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 >
16 > --
17 > Valmor
20 Well, at least some overlays support fetching via http. `layman -L`
21 shows all available URLs for fetching. In /etc/layman/layman.cfg, you
22 can also specify a proxy. In theory, that should allow you to fetch all
23 these overlays.
24
25 The remaining problem is: How do you tell layman to prefer the http
26 connection over the native protocol? I haven't found such an option.
27 Maybe you have to try it out yourself or open a bug for a feature request.
28
29 Worst case: create your own overlay list which only contains the http
30 connections. The documentation shows how to do this.
31
32 Hope this helps,
33 Florian Philipp