From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Something started muting the sound
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 17:28:47
On 2017-08-12 17:31, Mick wrote:

> > My ALSA is built as modules, including the core (I'm guessing that > > means snd.ko, right?). I don't do anything particular to load them, > > they're not listed in /etc/conf.d/modules. Yet the mixer save and > > restore via alsasound works. > > > > Could it be that alsasound itself loads the modules on demand, and > > the warning above is misleading? > > Did you run alsactl init to see if the alsa modules are probed and > loaded without errors?
They're listed in the output of lsmod, and sound playback works as expected. If there was an error neither would be the case, or am I wrong about this? -- Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet, if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup. Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.