From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Something started muting the sound
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 17:28:47
1 On 2017-08-12 17:31, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > My ALSA is built as modules, including the core (I'm guessing that
4 > > means snd.ko, right?). I don't do anything particular to load them,
5 > > they're not listed in /etc/conf.d/modules. Yet the mixer save and
6 > > restore via alsasound works.
7 > >
8 > > Could it be that alsasound itself loads the modules on demand, and
9 > > the warning above is misleading?
10 >
11 > Did you run alsactl init to see if the alsa modules are probed and
12 > loaded without errors?
13
14 They're listed in the output of lsmod, and sound playback works as
15 expected. If there was an error neither would be the case, or am I
16 wrong about this?
19 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
20 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
21 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.