From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Setting up correct domainname
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:59:50
1 On Sunday 20 September 2009, Stroller wrote:
2 > On 20 Sep 2009, at 12:30, Mick wrote:
3 > > ...
4 > > -----The following addresses had permanent fatal errors-----
5 > > <email_account@×××.com>
6 > > (reason: 550 5.1.0 <nagios@×××××××××××××××××.com> sender rejected :
7 > > invalid
8 > > sender domain)
9 > >
10 > > -----Transcript of session follows -----
11 > >
12 > > ... while talking to smtp.ISP.com:
13 > >>>> MAIL From:<nagios@×××××××××××××××××.com> SIZE=745 AUTH=<>
14 > >
15 > > <<< 550 5.1.0 <nagios@×××××××××××××××××.com> sender rejected :
16 > > invalid sender
17 > > domain
18 > > 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
19 > > ================================================================
20 > >
21 > > Does this fail because the ISP's reverse DNS on my dynamically
22 > > allocated IP
23 > > address resolves to an ISP domain instead of myserver.mydomain.com?
24 >
25 > I'm not quite clear. Does the myserver.mydomain.com resolve to the
26 > server actually sending the mail? I think that may be what they're
27 > asking for.
28
29 Thanks Stroller! That was it! For some reason the particular subdomain had
30 been taken out of the list of DynDNS and therefore it would no longer resolve
31 to the server's IP address. It goes to show ... start with the obvious
32 things first. Thank goodness I did not started hacking the sendmail
33 configuration! Ha, ha!
34 --
35 Regards,
36 Mick